Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Touching and So Very Sad


Liliana wanted to know what was was in the box that looks like a book.  We told her that the box contains Willem's ashes.  Not long after, and the house very quiet, I encountered this touching and very sad moment.  Through trembling hands and blinding tears, I endeavored to capture this image.

This is my attempt to continue the blog but speak less of our pain and daily unbearable suffering and more of Willem's good days and what it was that made him so special to us all.

I have been told, by those who love and know me, to keep writing.  I will try.

2 comments:

  1. Write what is in your heart. No, it doesn't 'right' the situation, yet it helps to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at Spectrum and Willem's situation really touched me and broke my heart as well. I have read your blog all the way from the beginning of this until his untimely death. I have tears in my eyes when I come to see his sweet picture. I have grandchildren Willem's age. I have been praying for your family. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete