Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

All Before 10AM

There was some concern for a few moments that last night's meal wasn't going to stay down but Willem powered through.  This morning's breakfast: tomato soup with a side of ice cream.

One of the doctors came in to take out Willem's drainage tube (from the surgery) and Willem asked that he be put out for it thinking that it was going to be terribly painful.  I had Willem hold my hand and then I said, "Staring contest. Go!" He stared at me and the tube was out before he knew what was going on.  My little hero.  So cool.

Great day.  An idea was brought up to make yesterday - his first day of being able to eat without throwing up - as an annual day of celebration.  I thought it a good idea.  Sort of like a birthday.

Yay Willem!

No comments:

Post a Comment