Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

PICU: 31 Jan 2012 05:30AM

Respiratory nurse and Willem's nurse took my laying down as a sign that it was time to speak loudly. Harrumph.  Respiratory nurse tried a device called an acapella that Willem used with some reluctance.  He said this too caused him pain -- pain in his chest in particular.  Respiratory nurse seems timid... Keeps asking me what we should do.  I want to say "Go get a friggin' candle and have him blow it out!?  I dunno... You're the expert!"  My take is to keep trying; go slightly past the point of comfort and to keep trying.

How did they mess this up?!

Now he's sporting a fever.  They're also administering antibiotics as a preventative measure because of the stomach contents that went into his lungs.

Vitals pretty much the same as before.

1 comment: