Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Up

I have come to fear posting the positive days for they seem to be followed by a negative or two -- or I feel as though I am tempting the fates.  Yet I must post that I walked into Willem's room to find him about to telephone me to tell me that he was having some chicken broth and a cola.  Happy news. The nurse then informed me that they clamped his stomach drainage tube at 1:30pm and it has been clamped since and no sign of nausea all day.  I fear to say it but it appears as though everything is working and Willem is recovering from the surgery.  Willem just told me he loved me in sign language.  That was awesome.

***********
Thank Yous
***********

Thank you Paul for spending the entire day with me and helping me get that monstrocity of an application packet put together.
Thank you Steve for looking over my resumes and offering some advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment