Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Monday, January 30, 2012

PICU: 30 Jan 2012 8:15PM

Mission tonight is to get him to cough.  Giving him Albuterol but it may have made him throw up so holding off on that.  Coughing a little bit on his own.

BPM 113
Ox 95
RR 37
BP 91/44

Being given oxygen through a mask but just switched to a... I forgot what it was called... It's a mask that allows for 50% pure oxygen and mixes it with air -- 50/50.  So next step is no mask as his oxygen saturation is good.

Man what a tough kid.

Willem asked if someone could spend the night with him and I raised my hand and jumped up and down exclaiming, "Oooh! Oooh! Pick me!  Pick me!"

He did.

Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment