Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hand me the bowl please daddy -- I can feed myself.

Arrived to find Willem in his room with mommy and Em and Ba and mommy was feeding him cream of mushroom soup.  Surprised to hear that he liked it.  Erin left shortly after I arrived and I began to feed Willem.  Not too long into the feeding Willem asked for the bowl so he could feed himself.  It was a pleasant thing to see and hear.

I did not get to see much of Willem today because of some administrative things that had to be taken care of but the few precious minutes were delightful: Got some cheek lovin' and got to see him walk, unassisted, to the elevators to play on the 11th floor.

************
Thank Yous
************

There are many thank yous that must go out and I will post them in the next posting.  You all know who you are and you need to know that we are extremely grateful.

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading this post...made my day! Thinking of you and your family. Love, thoughts, and prayers for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis. When in the heck are we going to get together?!? So close, yet so far away.

      Delete