Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Hold Please

Something in the universe told everyone to call our house and our cell phones between 9:15am and 9:30am today.  Erin's cell phone rang but she didn't want to get it so I answered it; it was Lincare, Willem's medical products supplier.  As soon as I answered Erin's cell phone, our land line rang; it was the GI doctor's office calling to tell us to unclamp Willem -- to which Erin replied, "no."  While I was on Erin's phone with Lincare, my cell phone rang -- it was a Master Sergeant calling to inform me of a job opportunity (I had to tell her that I will have to call her back).  I had to tell a Master Sergeant that I would call her back.  Not good.  So... Hung up the phone with Master Sergeant, continued my call with Lindcare, and then came another call on Erin's phone while I was on Erin's phone (the hospital).  I didn't answer it.  While not answering the call from the hospital, and while attempting to continue my conversation with Lindcare,  my cell phone rang again. Sorry Syd -- didn't mean to hang up on you.

I cannot believe my heart didn't explode.  Very stressful.  Looking back on it it is somewhat comical.

Thank you Syd for calling the Rays for me.  Thank you Rays for taking Wyatt and Liliana.

Poop update:  There's poop.  And some more poop.  It's pretty alien-looking poop but it's poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment