Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Juice

Thank you Theresa for the juicer!!!

Made Willem a juice comprised of spinach, parsley, carrots, apple, cucumber, celery, and ginger. Apart from overdoing it on the ginger it was actually really good.  I made four cups of juice that nobody would drink -- Willem had two sips and then gagged.  Oops.  I will try again today but will flavor to taste with the ginger instead of throwing it in all willy nilly like.

The GI nurse said that Willem could have something to eat by mouth twice a day so I decided to treat Willem's food as a medicine.  After we administer Willem's medicine, we have to clamp him so that the medicine doesn't drain out of his stomach tube so, I figured, why not do the same for the healthy food he's eating.

Here's something exciting:  Willem asked to have some of my cereal this morning...  I eat Kashi! So he got some Kashi with blueberries, strawberries, and banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment