Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Possible This And Possible That

Might come home on February 10 or might be February 13.  Home care will be a chore but it will be so nice having him home again.

We're still awaiting the results of the MUNC gene test out of Cincinnati but should have that by the end of the month. Once the results come in the BMT will begin. Doctors are saying they will begin "conditioning" Willem at the end of this month or the beginning of March.  Conditioning is a euphemism for what they will be doing to prepare him for his transplant; i.e. high-dose radiation and chemotherapy.  "Conditioning."  Hmph.

I am not sure how Willem is going to physically and mentally respond to the whole process (I don't know how Erin and I are going to respond) but I do know that we're going to need some help and we will be doing our best to reach out to you.  For me, I know I'm going to need a lot of moral support: I'm going to go absolutely nutso watching both my boy and my little baby girl suffer.  Nutso.

***************
THANK YOUs
***************

Thank you Mrs. Rentz for giving me a little tap to remind me that you're there.  Keep reminding me 'cause we're going to need you I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Anything for you guys! Much love.
    -Matthew, Stephanie, and Amira <3

    ReplyDelete