Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8/17 1201pm

Willem is off the ventilator!  He is trying to talk but having difficulty -- still a wee tipsy from the meds -- but did manage to say "hi" to me.  Which made me cry.  I dare you to make fun of me.

Sounds like his dedicated / heart line will be taken out of his arm pretty soon as well.

I know we have a really long way to go but I really want to thank my right hand man -- you know who you are -- for standing by me for every little up and major down.  Thank you for your optimism, your wisdom, and for just plain being there.  Go Team Willem.


1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear things are improving and yes, prayers for Willem and your family will continue, be sure to pass on to Willem that he's is as brave as any soldier I've ever known. Best wishes and a speedy recovery--SSG Thomas and family

    ReplyDelete