Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Want My Mommy

Stopped by to see Willem in the evening after picking up and feeding Wyatt and Liliana.

Nurse said that Willem didn't like the communication board that Speech Pathology delivered -- it's several laminated sheets with drawn pictures of feelings, body parts, and other statements -- and ended up throwing it at her.  She tried again later and the only thing he pointed to was the picture that says, "I want my mommy."

Willem is pretty medicated at the moment; morphine, I believe, so not much out of him other than a warm and relaxed look about him.  He did, however, manage a bright smile when I showed him the Bionical he just got in the mail (thank you Andrea).  I have come to look forward to, love, cherish, and...  Ugh. I don't have the words... Those smiles mean everything to me right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment