Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic and Pleasantly (can't remember)

Liliana and Wyatt being in the room with Erin and myself today had the effect of completely erasing whatever I was going to blog about so you get...  Sorry, interrupted again...  You get whatever I think was said and in piecemeal.

The doctor said that he was "...cautiously optimistic and pleasantly (I can't remember the word. It might have been 'surprised' but that doesn't seem very doctory [yes, I just made up a word])..." in regards to Willem's recovery.  The gist is that he's getting better; slowly, but surely.

There are a few concerns, and, thankfully, the doctor elected to not cover those today and instead just talked about how Willem will be weened off of his sleepy meds with the hope of being able to wheel him around in a chair tomorrow and get a change of scenery, etc.  Doctor added, again, that the hope is to have Willem out of the ICU by Tuesday and relocated to the Hematology/Oncology floor.

Thank you to 1SG and Mrs. "Top" for stopping by my work today to visit -- it was great seeing you and I felt pretty good after talking to the both of you.  I noticed that my hospitality smiles came more naturally after our conversation.

Nice segway:  And thank you to my employer, my department in particular, who continue to bend over backwards and cover down to accommodate me; first, for the military, and, now, for this. Thank you gang -- I am grateful and appreciate that your being there affords me the opportunity to spend more time with my son.

Thank you to my teammates: Dean, Amanda, and Patrick
Thank you to my super: Jim
Thank you to the director: Scott

Thank you Gretchen for your generous Paypal donation! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment