Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Chemo Days Are Poopy

8:00PM
Arrived to find Willem pretty out of it and my heart sank when I saw that all-too-familiar mauvish pink bucket on his bed  Just looking at it makes me want to vomit in it.  Nurse informed us that Willem received his chemo around 3:00PM so he was a little nauseous from the treatment and did throw up a little bit -- hopefully because of the chemo and not other factors.  Because the feeding tube bypasses the stomach, however, we do not have to worry about him throwing up any of the nourishment.  Yay.

Heart rate, respiratory rate, and body temp. up a little bit but I'm willing myself to stay positive.

There are certain nurses that I wish were here all the time...  I don't know how to explain it but some of them just make me feel that everything is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment