Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8/16 717pm

The doctors talked to Erin this time, as I wasn't there for this one, so I will be losing a lot in translation because Erin doesn't get the medspeak.  So here is what Erin's translation is:

Erin: Is he doing okay?
Doctors: Yes he is.
Erin: Cool.

Here's what I was able to get from Erin:

Willem does not have cancer.
Willem has not pooped (this is a good thing); he's keeping it in i.e. no diarrhea.
The hematologist was happy with how things were going.
The fluids in Willem's abdomen have gone down a little bit and doctors were able to feel the liver a little bit.  Liver still seems swollen so an ultrasound was ordered.

Hope.

1 comment:

  1. I like Erin's way of thinking. She's an amazing woman and I am fortunate to have her.

    ReplyDelete