Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Monday, August 15, 2011

8/15 932pm

So much is riding on this next treatment.  Doctor assures me that he's had a lot of success with this before but added that Willem is a very sick little boy.  He feels confident with the vitals, numbers, etc., however, and is hopeful for success.  If it works, it will be weeks before a complete turnaround.  If it does not work, chemo is the next nightmare.

The doctors, nurses, etc. are an amazing group of people.  I wish that I got Willem to the children's hospital a lot sooner yet glad that I got him there when I did.  Team Willem ROCKS!

Another half of a xanax for me so hoping for slumber.  They seem to work better with 3oz of Merlot.

Thank you to Olga for the AWESOME pasta chicken dish and the salad.  That was very nice and thank you again.

1 comment:

  1. Tom and Family,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Stay strong, keep your faith and feel confident that you have the best medical team on your side.

    The Spooner Family

    ReplyDelete