Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunch Lady

Aunt Leigh Ann brought Willem a few books to read and one of them, a comic (oops, sorry; a "graphic novel") is called Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute.  I thought it a long shot but I asked Willem if he wanted me to read it to him.  He nodded.  :-)

That zombie-like look he gets when he's watching TV, or staring at nothing, went away as he looked at the pictures while I read.  When we got to a good spot, where one would probably see a, "To Be Continued" I said that we would take a break and read some more later.  He smiled (it was a genuine smile this time -- I could tell) and nodded.


No comments:

Post a Comment