Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Great day for Willem today.  Willem did two laps around the ninth floor; brushed his own teeth; and played Candyland with the speech pathologist.  When Erin told me over the phone I got so excited I told a bunch of my fellow soldiers while they were loading equipment and they cheered.  I nearly cried.  Because I do that.  Also told my 1SG and I got a high five.  Excellent.

I finally got to see Willem myself around 6PM and entered his room to find him sleeping.  He slept until about ten minutes to eight.  Before I left, I told him that I love him and he smiled and replied, "I love you too."  Beautiful words.  Beautiful.

Willem's good numbers are up today.  Way up.  Yes!

Chemo at 9pm tonight.

There will be a new author of Willem's blog come the ides of September:  My step dad, Syd, is taking over the blog as I am leaving the state for training; then it's off to Afghanistan.  Syd has been my partner through this nightmare and has not left my side.  He has been there to hold me up emotionally when I felt I could no longer stand. He is a very positive and supportive person so I look forward to his take on Willem's recovery.  Thank you, Syd, for taking over.  Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment