Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Harder to Write Today

Frustrated is the word that keeps popping into my head.  One minute I'm looking at Willem and he's sound asleep and then I look over and he has his NJ tube out again.  Neither Erin or I saw him move. Erin asks me why I'm acting so mad and I can only reply that it is because I am mad.  I am angry and frustrated.

I stare disappointed into Willem's confused eyes, trying to convey my anger at him for pulling out his feeding tube.  Does he know why I am angry?  Does he know what he has done?  Why can he not understand that he needs that damn tube?!  My first-born son is wasting away before my eyes and I am powerless to stop it.

Willem whines and I become suffocated by my own guilt for being angry with him.

*******************************

Thank you John for your email to me.  Your words are kind and very touching and in them I found some strength.  Thank you.

Thank you Leigh for taking Wyatt and Liliana today.

Thank you Olga and RJ for the gas card.  Excellent idea as we use up a lot of gas driving back and forth.  Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment