Willem -- only days before he was stricken with HLH -- leisurely walking, straw in mouth, not a care in the world. A healthy 9 year old boy.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Up Down Up Down Up

Willem's nurse cut us off as we were approaching his room; I could see her making a B-line towards me and I could easily see by her face that she was delivering good news.  She informed me that Willem has made and incredible turn around from yesterday and I grabbed her and gave her a hug.  I nearly cried.  Because I do that.

Wyatt was the first to get within reach of Willem and Wyatt was quickly caught by Willem's eager hand.  Willem pulled him in; hugged him; and said, "I love you Wyatt."  Wyatt got the first I love you from Willem.  Mommy and Daddy had to ask.

Willem then proceeded to tell me to beat up the nurses because they are evil and they hurt him.

There is some discussion of keeping the NJ feeding tube out since Willem is able to swallow and, I am ever so delighted to say, communicate his needs.

Today is a good day.

Thank you uncle Greg for entertaining Wyatt and Liliana today.  And, actually, thank you for just being there for us.

Thank you Melanie for the Meijer gift card.  I think we can find Erin's favorite margarita mix there. Just kidding.

1 comment: